If you have just bought a BMW, or happen to have an extra key, you may be wondering how to program the BMW key fob to start the car. It’s actually a very simple process, and in this blog post, we will walk you through it step-by-step. Keep in mind that different models of BMWs may have slightly different procedures, but the basic steps for programming the BMW key fobs are always the same. So without further ado, let’s get started!
What You Need To Know Before Programming Your Key
Programing your BMW logo key to start your car is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Before you program a BMW key, make sure you have the following items: your BMW key, a Phillips head screwdriver, and a paperclip. Once you have collected everything you need, follow these steps:
1) Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “on” position.
2) Using the Phillips head screwdriver, remove the screws from the back of the key.
3) Take the back cover off of the key to expose the battery.
4) Using the paperclip, short-circuit the two terminals on the battery.
5) Put the back cover on the key and replace the screws.
6) Test the key by inserting it into the ignition and trying to start the car. If it doesn’t work, repeat steps 2-5.
By following these simple steps, you can program your BMW key to start your car in just a few minutes. With this knowledge in hand, you’ll be able to hit the open road with confidence knowing that your car will start when you need it to.
Installing BMW KeyCoder Software & Programming BMW Key:
Before you can start programming your BMW key, there are a few things you’ll need to gather. You’ll need the key itself, as well as the car’s owner’s manual. Once you have those items, you’ll be able to follow these steps:
1. Find the correct procedure for your car model in the owner’s manual.
2. Locate the car’s control unit, which is usually located under the dash.
3. Connect the control unit to your laptop or personal computer using a cable.
4. Download and install the BMW KeyCoder software on your computer.
5. Follow the software’s instructions to program your new key.
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to program your BMW key and start enjoying the convenience of BMW push-button start!
How To Test If The Key Has Been Successfully Programmed?
One of the most frustrating experiences is to get into your BMW, only to realize that the key isn’t working. If you’re not sure whether the new key fob has been programmed correctly, there is a simple test you can do.
- First, turn on the ignition. If the car doesn’t start, that means the key hasn’t been programmed correctly.
- Next, try using the remote control functions. If the doors don’t lock or unlock and the trunk doesn’t open, that means the remote control hasn’t been programmed correctly either.
- Finally, try using the emergency key. If it doesn’t work, that means the entire key needs to be reprogrammed.
Luckily, this is a relatively simple process that can be done at home with the right tools. With a little patience, you’ll be back on the road in no time.
Tips & Tricks For Making The Process Easier:
The process of programming a BMW key to start the car may seem like a daunting task, but it is actually quite simple.
- First, make sure that the new key is inserted into the ignition.
- Next, turn the ignition on and off three times in rapid succession.
- Finally, hold down the start button for at least five seconds. This will cause the car to enter into programming mode, and the new key will be programmed automatically. If successful, the car will start as normal when the new key is used.
Keep in mind that this process may vary slightly depending on the model and year of your BMW. Consult your owner’s manual for more specific instructions. With these tips in mind, programming a new BMW key is easy and doesn’t take long at all.
Troubleshooting Common Problems
If your BMW key to start the car is not working, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem.
- First, check the battery. If the battery is dead, it will need to be replaced.
- If the battery is not the issue, then check the fob’s connection to the car. Make sure that the fob is properly seated in the car’s receiver. If the connection is loose, it will need to be tightened.
- Finally, if the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is possible that the car’s receiver is damaged and will need to be replaced.
The Benefits Of Programming Your Own Key:
Programming your own BMW key to start the car has a number of benefits.
- Perhaps most importantly, it can save you a lot of money.
- In addition, programming your own key gives you the flexibility to choose which features you want to activate. For example, you may want to program the key to unlock only the driver’s door, or you may want it to unlock all doors.
- You can also decide how long the system will stay activated after you turn off the engine.
Programming your own new BMW key fob is relatively simple and can be done in just a few minutes. All you need is a blank key and a special programming device.
How To Change BMW Key Fob Battery?
The BMW key battery is what makes these functions possible. It’s important to keep an extra one on hand because if yours dies, you’ll have to replace it instead of the BMW key fob replacement. Here are the steps:
- Find the release button on the key fob.
- Press and hold the release button.
- Remove the old battery.
- Insert a new battery, making sure that the “+” side is facing up.
- Snap the key fob back together.
- Test the key by pressing the button. The key fob should light up. If it doesn’t, check the battery to make sure it’s inserted correctly.
With a working BMW key fob battery, your car will be able to start with the push of a button. Now you can release the unlock button to start your car.
Programming your own BMW key to start the car is a great way to save money and time. With just a few minutes of your time, you can program a new key and be on your way. If you lose your key, you can simply use your spare. And if you want to change the features of your key, you can do so without having to go to a dealer. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and program your own key today!